Industry Ventures is a leading investment firm and pioneer in the secondary market focused exclusively on venture capital. Overall, the firm invests in both venture-backed companies and venture funds via secondary and primary transactions. Industry Ventures was founded in 2000 and manages eight secondary funds, four hybrid fund-of-funds, and one direct fund with over $3 billion of institutional capital.
Industry Ventures secondary funds are differentiated by a unique focus on venture capital investments in both limited partnership interests and direct investments, with an emphasis on transactions from $3 million to $20 million. Industry Ventures’ hybrid fund-of-funds (known as Partnership Holdings) focuses on small, early-stage venture capital funds, less than $250 million in size, as well as direct venture investments. The direct fund leads and participates in Series B through D rounds into leading companies, primarily backed by the managers we support. Overall, this three-sided platform provides the firm a unique and symbiotic approach to investing in the venture ecosystem.
Industry Ventures is seeking an intellectually curious Associate to join our growing secondary team and benefit from a cross-sectional position in the venture market. The Associate will assist in sourcing, analyzing, and executing investments throughout the entire deal process. Associates take on substantial responsibility and are a crucial component to the deal teams and investment decisions. Associates are also offered the unique experience and opportunity to also support the direct fund and hybrid fund-of-funds.
This position is for a two-year commitment. Top-performing Associates will be considered for an optional third year. The firm has an on-going mentorship program to assist early professionals in strategizing their career goals. Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a base salary with annual performance-based bonus.
- Create financial analyses, waterfall models, and internal memos to assess and process potential investments
- Drive the investment process by assisting the investment team in due diligence on companies and portfolios
- Source opportunities via proactive outreach and attendance at networking events hosted by top-caliber funds
- Analyze, monitor, and manage current portfolio holdings
- Develop industry theses via sector maps and market trends
- Attend annual meetings and industry events to build personal networks and enhance firm relationships
- Assist in various operational activities
- Curious and open mind for technology trends, products and business models across multiple segments
- Adaptive team player with an extraordinary collaborative working style
- Passion for understanding venture capital and technology from an investment, legal, and operational perspective
- Excellent interpersonal / communication skills
- Excellent research and analytical skills including a proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Proactive attitude with flexibility to take on special projects
- Commitment to excellence, attention to detail, and strong work ethic
- BA/BS from a leading undergraduate institution with an outstanding academic record
- 2-3 years of experience in investment banking, management consulting, venture capital, or private equity
Location: San Francisco, CA
Start Date: Early Summer 2018
Work Type: Full-Time
Contact: Ira Simkhovitch