- Born in Chicago, but grew up in Southern California
- Favorite athletes are Michael Jordan and Tom Brady
- 2002 Inductee in the MTAC Young Artist Guild of CA (I played piano a lot!)
- Avid reader of REAL BOOKS (no kindles)
- Passions: Fashion, Watching Tennis, Building Legos, and Luca (family Aussie doodle)
Prior to joining Industry Ventures, Valerie was an attorney at Latham & Watkins where she worked in the emerging companies and venture capital group (ECVC). In addition to representing companies thoughtout their corporate life cycle, she counseled venture capital funds in their primary and secondary investments and other related legal matters.
Valerie graduated from Harvard with a Bachelor of Arts degree in biochemical sciences. She studied medicine for three years at UC Davis, before completing her law degree at Georgetown University.